Venue: Gita Nagari, Pennsylvania.
Date: May 27-30 2016
“Petals of ISKCON’s Lotus”
Memorial Day Weekend May 27-30, 2016 ~~ Gita Nagari Farm
Friday May 27
6 pm: Gaura Arotike 6:30-8:00 pm: “Formation of ISKCON & its 7 Purposes” – Tamohara Prabhu
Saturday May 28
Morning Class: “ISKCON’s Founder Acarya” – Ravindra Svarupa Prabhu
Two morning Sessions:
1. “The Yuga Dharma” – Ananta Govinda, Acyuta Gopi & NY Kirtan Group
2. “Education and Training” – Tamohara Prabhu
Two afternoon Sessions:
1. “Devotee Care” – Vraja Lila dd
2. “Strong KC Families” – Krsnanandini dd
6 pm: Gaura Arotike 6:30-8:30 pm: Kirtan – Ananta Govinda, Acyuta Gopi & NY Kirtan Group
Sunday May 29
Morning Class: “Spiritual Leadership: Honoring Unity in Diversity”: Romapada Swami
Two Morning Sessions:
1. “Anartha & Anartha Nivritti: Personal and Social Dimensions” Ravindra Svarup das
2. “Book Distribution: our Family Business” – Vaisesika Prabhu & Team
Two afternoon Sessions:
1. Kirtan – Ananta Govinda, Acyuta Gopi & NY Kirtan Group
2. Breakout Session: Strengthening the above Petals within your local community
Monday, May 30
1. Morning Class: “Vision: Moving into the next 50 Years!” Romapada Swami
A comprehensive supervised Children's Program will also be conducted..
The spiritual vibrations of Gita Nagari have always provided devotees with an ideal setting to immerse themselves in Krsna katha in the association of other devotees. Sri Gita Nagari dham is the quintessence of "simple living and high thinking" Without one's even trying, one is automatically transported to a transcendental realm of no worries (Vaikuntha) as one enters this sacred place of confidential pastimes of Sri Sri Radha Damodara. Our vision of Their Lordships becomes clear and distinct as we see through our ears, when nectarean Krsna-katha emanating from the lotus mouth of Srila Romapada Swami and other senior vaishnavas enters our ears and imperceptibly burns away any obstructions from strengthening our relationship with Them. It is also the place where a dear disciple of Srila Prabhupada, Srila Bhakti Tirtha Swami, entered samadhi to continue his eternal service to his spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada..
Devotees who attended Gita Nagari Retreat last year experienced a very wonderfully planned retreat which spiritually surcharged them. We are planning a similar variety of activities this year, and we are looking forward to having all of you join us. This year the retreat will be during the Memorial Day Weekend and it span over a 3 day period, primarily because of the long distances traveled by a large number of attendees..